The Great Western Railway (GWR) 5800 Class was a twenty-strong class of 0-4-2T side tank steam locomotive. These were introduced in 1933 for light branch work. They were similar to the GWR 1400 Class but were not equipped for working autotrains. The entire class was scrapped. The last survivor number 5815 was with withdrawn in 1956.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- Die-cast running plate
- Flickering fire light effect
- Die-cast and profiled wheels
- Fully compensated die-cast chassis
- High level of separately applied detail
- Sprung metal buffers and articulated screw coupling
- Removable cab roof for ease of posing your locomotive crew
- Dapol’s proven motor and gearbox offering exceptional smooth performance and slow running capabilities