A total of 14 of these railcars were delivered when the Bernina Railway opened between 1908 and 1910. In 1943 the Bernina Railway was taken over by the Rhaetian Railway, as were these railcars - they had not yet reached the end of their useful life, but their performance left a lot to be desired. So the RhB began to modernize the existing vehicles in their own workshops. Most notable was the replacement of the lyre bar with a scissor pantograph and the conversion of the starting and braking resistors, which were previously located under the floor of the car and have now been moved to the roof.
With the delivery of new railcars, these vehicles were increasingly pushed into subordinate services, but it was not until the delivery of the new Allegra multiple units in 2010 that they could be retired – at the proud age of 100 years. But two railcars - numbers 30 and 34 - survived. Restored to their original state with the yellow paintwork, they are still used today in special train service in front of historical trains.
This is a model of the RhB ABe 4/4 railcar for use on the Bernina Railway. Version in the yellow paint scheme of the early days of the Bernina Railway, just as the car is still in use today as a museum vehicle. The paint scheme and lettering are true to the original for Era VI. All 4 wheel sets driven by 2 powerful Bühler motors. Equipped with an mfx/DCC decoder with many light and sound functions. Complete interior, opening doors, traction tires, interior lighting and cab lighting.
- Finely Applied Livery Details
- mfx Digital Decoder
- Sound Fitted
- Directional Lighting